Monday, September 1, 2008

Garden (and Other) Produce

So I've been meaning to post some pictures for a few weeks now. Michelle and I went blueberry picking, and I put them in plastic bags to freeze for the long cold winter ahead. There's something about growing things that I really like. I think it's the fact that you've got something to show for your work when your done (hopefully!). I also really like how practical it is. I enjoyed just running the berries through my fingers. Some of them were still warm from the heat of the sun. I vacuum packed each freezer bag with a straw, and the super smooth bag perfectly molded to each berry made for a really cool feeling texture. Unfortunately I can't help you feel it with pictures, but here's my attempt:


Also a few weeks ago, we pulled about 75% of the carrots from our garden. Here are the long, straight, prize winners:


And here are the mutants:


And here is the finished product:

I've actually already eaten all these carrots. Apparently they all taste the same because they made a great snack at work. I'll have to remember to plant more carrots next year. And not to judge a carrot by it's shape.

No comments: