Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back in Balance

Alright, so my goal this morning was to even out the new/used balance in my purchase record, which I definitely did. And then some. Here's what I found:

A Baby Backpack! It's turquoise, and I was debating it's purchase when several ladies informed me that I'd be kicking myself if I didn't get it when I went to get one in the store in a few months. It also brings out my eyes, I'm told.

SNL: The Best of Christopher Walken on DVD. Christopher Walken is funny without trying.

The brightest, most vibrant, most obnoxious reflective vest in the world, to keep me seen on my bike in the dark mornings ahead.

A CD wallet full of CDs I probably don't need - but how could I turn it down for $1? Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens, Pete Seeger, Bette Midler, just to name a few. Kind of an interesting mix don't you think?

Competitive Strategy by Michael Porter which is an absolute classic of business strategy. He's kind of a legend, an impression instilled in me by Dr. Proudfoot, my business strategy prof in University. Unrelated except that it's in the textbook genre, I also bought a Quantum Physics textbook. I'm going to get to the bottom of this Large Hadron Collider business.

I also got some flower pots for free. I'm only going to score the products that saved me from buying something new in the "purchased used" category. The textbooks, CD wallet, and SNL DVD were unnecessary, but fun to get. So I guess the "used" is still lagging behind the "new". Such is life.

Happy Saturday!

*** UPDATE ***
I can't believe I forgot! I typed that whole post on my new (to me) keyboard and completely left it out. I got a great USB keyboard, which I've been after for awhile since the "m" on our laptop is dying a slow death (you know this if you've checked email at our house). But there's MORE! This USB keyboard also came with two additional USB ports built right into the keyboard, solving another problem we had - only one USB port. Our laptop is being ravaged by planned obsolescence. Did I mention the battery no longer works? And the AC adapter power cord only works sporadically?

On the sunny side, new and used purchases are even again.

No comments: