Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reading and Writing

So I took Traver on Fishing and Writer's FAQ back to the library yesterday. I hadn't finished either, but Traver was getting repetitive and Writer's FAQ was all about writing books, which I think would be a big leap for me at this point. I'm going to try to start with articles and stuff. I came across Helium, a site which offers the potential for making money by writing articles. What's the catch, you ask? Well you can expect to make about $0.01 per article per day on average. It's some type of revenue sharing thing from the banner ads I think.

I always feel bad when I don't finish a book that I start - I don't know why, but it's hard to admit I'm not going to finish a book. Which is probably why Winston Churchill is still on my Books I'm Reading list, even though I bought the book on my honeymoon a year ago. I probably haven't cracked it in 8 months. But I do know right where it is. In case you were wondering. Some famous librarian (is there such a thing?) once said that you should take 100 less your age and give each book you start that many pages to grip you - if you're not into it by that point, start something else. Other sage advice I've heard recently: "Never go into the aisles of a grocery store. Everything you need for healthy living is around the outside."

No comments: