Saturday, November 22, 2008

Typos

I came across two typos in the last week that had me in stitches, as they say. In talking about them Michelle suggested I come up with a section on my blog for writing down the best typos we come across. Since I'm running out of room on the sidebar, I decided to start using Labels. Will I go back and label all my previous posts? Maybe. Only the ones that fit into nice categories.

Anyway, here are the typos. First off, Michelle and I tried to sign up for a Childbirth and Parenting class at the local technical college. Some miscues happened, and we got a letter indicating we would need to re-register. It concluded with the following statement:
"I'm sorry for any incontinence this may cause you."
Luckily, the mix up hasn't caused any incontinence thus far.

I came across the second typo at a conference I went to recently. The subject matter, Labor Relations, is relatively dry. In the middle of a particularly dry paragraph, the material took a citrus-y twist:
"In the same lime of discussion, it is important to consider..."

This one hinges more on context, so at a later date I may add the particular sentences before and after. Anyhow, feel free to chime in with your favorite typos. And remember, spell checking is no replacement for good old fashioned proof reading.

No comments: